Jinx! - LED Matrix Control ... und die nächste Matrix Software ...

• There is no limit inside Jinx! for tpm2(net) channels. But as tpm2.net is network based you should try to use a smaller blocksize in the tpm2.net output, because sending 1466 channels in one network packet will result in fragmented packets on the network and most of the small tcpip stacks for microcontroller will not handle fragmented packets. Thats why a block size is implemented into tpm2.net, this has nothing directly to do with Jinx!.
    If your implementation supports multiple blocks, you have to try or ask the author. It is cleanly defined inside the protocol for the given reasons. As far as I remember, we got good results by using a block size around 800channels with a SEDU3.Seddi Thank you for your answer but I would like to ask how I should set up another 512 to control the LEDs because I set Channels to 1536 and Chan / Block then automatically get 1 Block rightly so ?.

//edit
    Looked into the source code, you linked. Seems like there are no multible blocks supported, like defined in the specs. So with this implementation, you will not be able to use a channel size that will break your mtu size (including protocol and udp overhead).

Seddi Thank you for your answer but I would like to ask how I should set up another 512 to control the LEDs because I set Channels to 1536 and Chan / Block then automatically get 1 Block rightly so ?.

• @folny
    Chan/Block automatically will be set to the chan size, but can be edited to any other (lower) value, the block count will get calculated automatically
    -> See Manual/Online Help:
    "Additionally a tpm2.net frame can be split into multiple blocks, so if your device needs a special block size you should set the Chan/Block value. The amount of blocks will be calculated automatically. "
    //remark for me: Also point out in the manual the fact that the block size should not exceed the mtu size ...

ok verstehe.
    wenn ich z.b. 4 Universen anlege in Output Device dann muss ich doch in Matrix Options 24x23 =552 einstellen. richtig?
    was muss ich dann in Output Patch einstellen?

In den Matrix options stellst du die Größe deiner Matrix ein, du solltest doch wissen wie gross die ist ;) Und diese ganze Pixel innerhalb deiner Matrix hängen an deinem Controller, der die dann (je nach Controller) irgendwie auf verschiedene
    Artnet Universen verteilt, je nachdem wie du sie angeschlossen hast. Diese ganze Universen legst du in den Output Devices an und dann kannst du im Patchdialog Jinx! beibringen, welcher Pixel auf welchem Kanal von welchem Universum liegt,
    damit Jinx! die Bilder zuordnen kann.

• Seddi

Thank you for your advice is bad enough that each device has a limited MTU 1500 when I changed the MTU in Windows using software SG TCP optimizer I could control up to 507 LEDs

• @folny
    its not only the mtu size from your network card, the mtu size on the receiver side is important too. So simply send it in multiple blocks instead of trying to change your networks mtu size, it will not work as you expect in that case.

@minigl
    Jinx!Script ist ein normaler Effekt, was ja auch Sinn macht. Du kannst es aus der Effekt Liste auswählen und hier dann ein Skript abspielen lassen. Siehe Handbuch/Online Hilfe.

• @folny
    sfranzyshen just uploaded an update into git to support multiple blocks, maybe you will give it a try:
    https://github.com/sfranzyshen/esp8266_tpm2net_ws2812

UPDATE: We are consolidating the code into a single driver as it is expanding quickly ... the new code set is locate here:
    https://github.com/sfranzyshen/esp8266_tpm2net

we are also adding other chipsets for testing ...
    https://github.com/sfranzyshen/esp8266_tpm2net_ws2801
    https://github.com/sfranzyshen/esp8266_tpm2net_lpd6803

• Hello,

I'm creating my new led wall.
    I set the size in the "Matrix options".

There is an option for "space between pixels".
    When I set an value here this is the same for horizontal and vertical space between pixels.

Is it possible to set for horizontal and vertical an different value?
    Because I have tubes from 1 meter with 60 leds. So the space is about 1,5 cm.
    The space between the tubes is about 10cm.

Thanks.
    Jan Hein

• Hello,

Is it possible to remote contoll the "fader position buttons" in the Main Mix section with midi?

If it is not, maybe something for the future in some new releases.

Thanks

Jan Hein

Hello,

Is it also possible to have midi out on the sliders and buttons?
    Then the midi application that controls Jinx will also have feedback on the buttons and sliders.
    So when you move an slider on Jinx, the slider on the midi application will follow.

Thanks.

Jan Hein

• Hi Jan,

no the auto position buttons are implemented for remote control, because you can control the fader itself via midi and can realize the same function inside
    your midi controller, so I didnt saw any necessary to implement this buttons till now.
    There is also no Midi Out till now, dont know if we really need something like that, but I put it on my list and think about :)

• Hi,
    also erstmal Respekt für die Software, genau das was ich gesucht habe, funktioniert super und die Effekte sind äußerst wirkungsvoll (Matrix 30x5, Arduino Artnet node).
    Nun zum aber:
    Ich hab ein zugegebenermaßen vielleicht etwas umständliches Vorhaben. Ich programmiere Lightshows mit DMX Control, da sind alle Geräte mit DMX angeschlossen. Jetzt möchte ich die Jinx Effekte einbinden. Zunächst soll Jinx die Effekte auch auf meine LED Bar senden. Neue Zeile in Jinx hinzugefügt, über artnet intern an DMX Control, da mit DMX in auf die Bar gepatcht. Funktioniert soweit, macht echt was her. Umgekehrt soll DMX Control aber Jinx fernsteuern können, und das funktioniert nicht. Theoretisch sendet DMXC auf dem richtigen Subnet/Universum. Das hab ich mit artnetorminator oder wie das heißt überprüft. DMXC findet die Node von Jinx aber auch nicht... schon verschiedenste Sachen durchprobiert, auch welches Programm zuerst gestartet wird... Gibt's da vielleicht was, das ich übersehen haben könnt? Ich bin für jeden Tip dankbar!

Trotzdem natürlich super Software und wenn ich mir das hier durchlese auch super Support! Vielen dank dafür, Janek

• @otti123
    Wenn du im Script kein clear drin hast, sollte der auch den Schirm nicht löschen.

@LightFxJB
    Erst mal die Vorwarnung, die Artnet implementierung von DMX Control 2.x ist graussig :( Sollte aber prinzipiell funktionieren und beim mir findet DMX Control auch mit dem Scan die Jinx! Remote. Wichtig ist, das Jinx! VOR DMX Control gestartet wird, da DMX Control den Port nicht hergibt. Daher muss Jinx erstmal den Port nehmen und lässt dann shared auch den Zugriff von DMX Control zu. Dann mit der Adressierung aufpassen, das macht DMX Control auch etwas merkwürdig manchmal, da nur Artnet 2 und bei Jinx! fängt das zählen für DMX Kanaäle und Universen bei 0 an, bei DMX Control bei 1 wenn ich das noch richtig weiss. Aber ich hab das hier schon mehrfach am Laufen gehabt zum testen.

• Hallo,

ich habe die neuste Version dieser Software getestet. Ansteuern möchte ich einen WS2812b Streifen mit Diamex Controller per USB.

Entsprechend dem habe ich in der Software TPM2 als Device eingefügt (com9).

Wenn ich aber "Start Output" wähle bleibt der Strip dunkel. Getestet habe ich das auch mit der Software Pixel Controller. Da geht es.

Mache ich etwas falsch?