CREE XHP50 and BUCK V2 Constant Current Power Supply (3000mA, 42V)

• Hej, detta är mitt första inlägg här, jag hoppas att jag kan få lite hjälp att förstå hur man bygger en fantastisk LED-belysning.

Jag planerar på att bygga en hjälm ljus för enduro ridning.

Jag vill använda 8 x CREE XHP50 och jag behöver hjälp att förstå vilka förare som passar bäst och hur man styr föraren.

Jag har tittat på BUCK V2 Constant Current Power Supply (3000mA, 42V), är en lämplig drivrutin gjorde? och hur jag styr denna drivrutin, jag vill använda en pott för att reglera ljuseffekt.

inspänningen från motorcykel är ca 12-15V

Jag hoppas att jag kan få lite hjälp.

thx

// Daniel, Sverige

• Hej Daniel

I think 8x XHP50 with optics and heatsink is a little bit too heavy on an helmet.
    And in my opinion it is a little bit to bright.

2 or 3 XHP50 at additional frontlight mounted on the enduro and 1XHP50 mounted on the helmet is an ideal setup.

For the full power of the XHP50 you need a suitable heatsink and an optic.

For controlling the LED i prefer the driver from pcb-components.de as excample the Micro - 2800mA with μDim - Super Miniatur PWM Dimmer

Hälsning till Sverige

• Hello and welcome to ledstyles,

I think 8x XHP50 with optics and heatsink is a little bit too heavy on an helmet.
    And in my opinion it is a little bit to bright.

I would totally agree with Kanwas.
    Additionally 8 XHP50 will produce a lot of heat which you'll have to get rid of. That means you would need a big and therefore heavy case as a heatsink. I don't think that a lamp this big and heavy will be convenient to carry on your helmet. I would also recommend 2 or a maximum of 4 XHP.

When using your motorcycle as a power supply you will have a cable connecting your helmet to your motorcycle. Please keep in mind that this could be a safety issue if you have an accident.

• Hello everbody, i really thank you for your answers. i wrote the post in english but i think my google translate translated it to swedish when i pushed the submit button :(

im trying to build a copy of a light i have bought for my enduro bike. in this its 8 led with a totalt power 80w, and as long as im riding its not getting to hot. but you have to lower the power when you stop the motorcycle. but i really need as much power as possible when riding fast enduro in the forest.

i uploaded some pictures to my google drive so you understand more what i mean. i have dismantled the lamp that i bought, i have taken some pictures.
    https://drive.google.com/open?…SatJnyzTjKWUNqeUUtcUw5b0U