HELP GUYS - plan for a aquarium led bar

• Ciao, new user writing from Italy but not speaking german.

A couple of friends of me have suggested to visit the led-tech.de website to realize my plan.

Thanks in advance to all the guys can help me.

I would like to realize a led bar for my acquarium (120 liters) using The new Cree XP-E RGB.

The bar is long 50cm bar using 4 or 5 of these leds leds. As I can understand the big advantage of this led stays in the fact that I can use it like a combination of colours (lightening all the lights in the led) or only feeding one of this colour (eg. blue). This will be fantastic because with only one bar I can create many effects I need, for example a dawn effect using blue or a sunsit using only the reds. If this is true (hope so) my concerns are only the right components for the bar.

I should use these components for the bar:

Part Number: LT-1589 CREE XP-E RGB Star 5

Part Number: LT-0671 Heat Conductive Pad 5

Part Number: LT-0775 Heat Conductive Glue Arctic Silver

Part Number: LT-1512 CoverLine Aluminium LED Profile (even if is long 1m)

And for the controls:

Part Number: LT-0215 MultiLine RGB Mini Controller V2.0 (to realized combination of effects and so on)

Part Number: LT-1799 Meanwell Power Supply 1750mA (9-34V) IP67

I didn’t mention switches and so on….I think this is correct or?

Thanks for the patient and the help.

• Hey masga,

your plan might be good.

But some things need to be changed:

Your cooling solution (LT-1512) is in my opinion even at full length too small. You're going to have a dissipation of ~40 Watts if I calculated correctly. Furthermore, you only need either the conductive pad or the conductive glue, whichever you prefer. If I remember correctly, pads are easier to use but have a higher thermal resistance, compared to the glue.

And - I think you'll need a KSQ (constant current source) - but this might be explained by somebody else, not my topic in combination with RGB leds.

• Thanks lopodx, your help it's apreciate. If I cannot use this cooling solution all my plan has to be changed because I need a profile where to install leds in the acquarium without changing the cover. Considering viewing angle and power probably it's better to reduce number of leds at three. Should be enought to use the aluminium bar to cool it?